Friday, October 26, 2007
Resurrecting the piano-a-tron
You may remember the piano-a-tron that I helped Butcher Boy construct for his old flat. Well, following their flat move in early August, the Piano was a little ill. The electronics had been ripped out, and the piano itself needed some structural work to make it work again (there are still a few sticky keys, and the tuning is interesting - more honky tonk than perfect pitch).
Today I went round to Butcher Boy's flat to work on a replacement control mechanism for the piano-a-tron. We went for a solder-less alternative, since we had no drill to drill through the circuit board. Thus we ended up with a second rate solution of LX tape and bulldog clips. I am currently working on a hopefully better solution to be implemented soon.