About Me

Larbert, Scotland, United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Exams

Well I am still to write this post, so I haven;lt jumped off the Kingston Bridge yet, though the bells in the chapel ringing this morning did drive me mad as I waited for my exam. At first they just made it seem like across between Hogwarts; a posh public school (or rather what I imagine one of those to be like); and Oxbridge.

Anyway to the exams. They seemed to go ok. I'm saying no more about how I did until mid June!

Paper 1 was a romp through most of the course - cardiology, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, pharmacology, TB, HIV and blood films.

The MCQ bit as ever wandered here and there through anatomy (just what is trigone...) and LFT's, Immunity, cytology and an interesting trip to haematuria.

Paper 2 today was more detailed and visited respiratory (COPD vs asthma), Genetics, alcohol addiction, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, melanoma, optic neuritis, epilepsy and something I have forgotten.

All in all a fair and good test of knowledge not to see whether I passed.

Because I sit tomorrow (and Thursdays) OSCE formatively, I really couldn't give a stuffed monkeys. This means I will be more relaxed and possibly even do better than I did last year, but since it is formative that won't matter. Still 11.20 on Thursday and it is all over!

2 comments:

PhilT81 said...

The trigone is a smooth triangular region of the internal urinary bladder formed by the two ureteral orifices and the internal urethral orifice.

Glad I could be of help ;-)

Dragonfly said...

It is indeed.
Yay!! You have finished now.