About Me

Larbert, Scotland, United Kingdom

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Can I charge for advice?


Obviously as a student I am not yet an NHS employee.
Does this mean I can engage in private practice and charge for my opinion?
Without GMC registration, can I be held accountable for this advice?

Why you may ask....will in the past week, the number of health related questions I have been asked has increased, like 10-fold. And little Miss P from work has been on holiday.

It all started last weekend when the alchie of Ayr had a numb thumb, then at DIME last night, John H was asking me all about his pulled hamstring the other week where I gave advice by text. Then tonight at work, Racoline was asking about her cracked ribs (she has a past history of needing advice - trapped nerves, cracked ribs etc). Then PhilT81's blog is going on about one of his eyes changing colour, so it was back to the textbooks again to look that up.

No comments: