About Me

Larbert, Scotland, United Kingdom

Friday, June 15, 2007

Edinburgh Rugby




In exciting news, Edinburgh rugby have managed to sign Stephen Larkham the Aussie, as well as managing to hold onto Hugo Southwell. With this years Rugby World Cup in the autumn, the season and hence pre-season start early this year (ie now).

Having watched Edinburgh rugby matches for close to 4 years, since I was a 3rd year studying Biology, I am actually quite excited by their chances in the season ahead, assuming that their Scottish internatials don't get too injured, and that the Summer internationals, World Cup, Autumn Internationals and 6 nations don't prove too much.

Hopefully I might even get through to see a few games with the blu one again, but with her rugby team training on Friday nights, and me being in hospitals next year, that might be a bit hit and miss. The only match I got to see last year was the derby with Glasgow, at Hughenden last December on a bitterly cold Friday night. It was a good match, which Glasgow won (grrrrr) due to having less injured players.

It is quite worrying that so many of the Scotland internationals and Edinburgh players seem to be only a year or two older than me, and the majority of the Edinburgh team are younger than me. Kinda makes me worried when others are fulfilling their potential already.


I have to point out that despite supporting Edinburgh, I support England at the Calcutta cup. At other 6 nations matches, I am more ambiguous.

No comments: