About Me

Larbert, Scotland, United Kingdom

Monday, September 10, 2007

Weighty matters



I have been planning to lose weight over the summer, and I think I am making some progress. Having done a SSM in Obesity and its' management in Year 2, I am all too aware that a diet alone doesn't lead to weight loss in the long term but to weight yo-yoing which is worse for your long term health.

In order to work out whether my combination of eating less fat and doing more exercise is working, I today bought some scales and discovered some amusing features:
  • Eating lunch put on 0.01 stones (how you divide a stone into decimals is beyond me sinc eit is normally 14 lbs or 16oz each...)
  • Washing my face seemed to lose 0.02 stones
  • Depending on whether you put your feet together or apart alters your weight.
Anyway, since I measured my weight at mum and Dad's two weeks ago, I seem to have lost half a stone (most of it last Saturday I think). I haven;t set a target as such, so those of you who see me often can tell me when I get down to a weight which looks ok!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

You weigh less when you stand as far back on the scales as you can, feet apart. At least that's what happens for me!

dr_dyb said...

Interesting theory!

My new scales are digital and thus won't give you a reading unless you stand very still. it doesn't fluctuate either, so to try such ideas you have to get off, reset it then get on and stand in a different position.