About Me

Larbert, Scotland, United Kingdom

Monday, September 10, 2007

A day in the Park










I spent Saturday in Strathclyde park (as I did the same Saturday last year), working on the tearfund "Running the race" event and the follow up event "Praise in the park". The race warm up looked quite energetic enough for me, but then again by the time the race started, I had been on site since 7.30am (and up since 5.15am), and it was by then 11am.

As last year we had 4 bands on over the afternoon, and then the get out. Now while the stage may not look that big, by the time it has all been packed away, it fills and articulated truck trailer!
Due to some fast work, we were finished just as it got dark about 10pm, and I made it home by 11, having only seen one glassing on the train back to Glasgow, which wasn't bad considering Scotland were playing Football at Hampden, and there was Proms in the Park at Glasgow Green. Even 2 days on I am a wee bit sore still!

No comments: