About Me

Larbert, Scotland, United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Allergy rhinitis and house dust mite


I have a hayfever type thing - its since I moved all my furniture round at the weekend so it's probably an allergy to house dust mite in the dust I disturbed. So I have runny eyes, a runny nose, sore throat and gallons of mucus - all in all a pretty sight. I also have aching limbs. My GP tutor gave me a pack of free antihistamines the other week but they cause drowsiness, which since I can't waken up in the mornings at the moment may not be a good idea.

In the middle of this I am trying to revise, but the medical school library area is jammed with Years 1 & 2 and I can't be bothered to beat them with sticks to get a seat, and I don't actually need many books for revision, so I tried revising at home - the builders opposite, bagpipers, drummers, buses and drunk people screaming in the street seem adverse to that idea.

Also the presence of tea, coffee and the internet are a bad combination, such that I have taken to hiding my keyboard places between revision breaks so I am not tempted to play online.

Oh well, only a week to go!

No comments: